Foundation / Corporation
Terri Lynne Lokoff Child Care Foundation (TLLCCF)
Awards of $1,000 and one award of $2,000 to USA child care teachers to recognize excellence in providing quality care and for the implementation of projects that enhance classroom learning. Each award winner will receive $500 for the teacher's personal use and $500 to implement the child care project. Recipients will be honored at an award ceremony that will take place during the spring in Pennsylvania.
Out of the 50 teachers, one receives The Helene Marks Award and the honor of being named the National Child Care Teacher of the Year, and receives an additional $1,000. Contenders for this award are the top ten scorers of the 50 recipients who answer a series of questions, scores based on a rubric.
GrantWatch ID#: 177427
50; One teacher will receive the Helene Marks Award.
Each award recipient receives $500 for the teacher's personal use and $500 to implement the project. An additional $1,000 will be awarded to the teacher that wins the Helen Marks Award.
Awardees will also benefit from:
- An award ceremony in Pennsylvania.
- Paid expenses (hotel and transportation).
- A paid trip to historic Philadelphia
- Meeting with peers and exchanging ideas
- An excellent educational experience
- A fun filled weekend with: Philly Welcome Reception, Brunch Event, Recipient Dinner, Awards and more
- Teachers working at for-profit, non-profit and religious affiliated child care centers are welcome to apply.
- Applicants must be full-time child care teachers employed in a home, group or center-based program that is fully compliant with local and state regulations for operating child care programs.
- Applicants must work a minimum of 32 hours per week, 12 months per year at the same center. Teachers must be with the same children for 10 consecutive months.
- Applicants must be working as paid, full-time child care teachers in their current regulated program for a minimum of 36 consecutive months (3 years) by December 2018.
- Applicants may apply having worked in a teaching position for the same child care entity for 36 consecutive months (3 years) in more than one location.
- Applicants employed by a U.S. Military child care facility must be in their current location for a minimum of 12 consecutive months.
- Programs must be open a minimum of 9 hours a day, 5 days a week, 12 months per year.
- Applicants must be teachers of infant, toddler or preschool age children.
- Only one teacher per application may apply for this award.
- Only one application per center may be submitted.
- Multi-site agencies may submit one application per site.
- TLLCCF Child Care Teacher Award winners from 1994 to 2014 may reapply.
- Full day Head Start with wrap-around care programs. Teachers must be with same children all day.
- Teacher Award recipients who’ve won the Award twice.
- Teachers of part-day Head Start without Wrap-around Care Programs or other part-day preschool programs.
- Teachers of kindergarten children in childcare or other settings.
- Teachers of school age children in child care settings. (i.e. before/after school programs).
- Administrative Teachers (staff who have administrative responsibilities that prevent them from being a full-time teacher.)
- Co-teachers or teaching teams are not eligible to share this award (Only one recipient per award).
- TLLCCF Child Care Teacher Award winners from 2015 to present.
- Projects that include capital improvements to centers/homes will not be considered.
- Applications completed, revised or modified by anyone other than the applicant (including but not limited to a grant writer, director, or any administrative staff) are not eligible.
- If you wish to be certain you will be able to qualify for the award you can fill out and submit the Pre-Application first.
- Full applications must be completed and postmarked by January 21, 2019.
- All applicants will be notified by mail if they have won by March 2019.
Information and links for applying can be found here: https://www.tllccf.org/2019-application/
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Send completed applications to:
Terri Lynne Lokoff Child Care Foundation - TR
100 Ross Road, Suite 160
King of Prussia, PA 19406
Office hours: Monday - Friday, 9 AM - 5 PM
Child care teachers from all 50 states, the District of Columbia and on U.S. Military bases and installations around the world
USA: Alabama; Alaska; Arizona; Arkansas; California; Colorado; Connecticut; Delaware; Florida; Georgia; Hawaii; Idaho; Illinois; Indiana; Iowa; Kansas; Kentucky; Louisiana; Maine; Maryland; Massachusetts; Michigan; Minnesota; Mississippi; Missouri; Montana; Nebraska; Nevada; New Hampshire; New Jersey; New Mexico; New York City; New York; North Carolina; North Dakota; Ohio; Oklahoma; Oregon; Pennsylvania; Rhode Island; South Carolina; South Dakota; Tennessee; Texas; Utah; Vermont; Virginia; Washington, DC; Washington; West Virginia; Wisconsin; Wyoming