Texas Council for Developmental Disabilities (TCDD)
11/02/18 5:00 PM Central Time
Grant to a USA and territories nonprofit, IHE, agency, business, technical school, or faith-based institution for training new leaders within organizations that provide services to people with disabilities. Funding is intended to create and support strong, innovative leaders for agency programs. While the activities and outcomes supported by this program will mostly take place in Texas, any organization in the USA can apply.
Emerging and existing leaders from the disability community, as well as professionals from non-disability organizations what support or pay for services that support people with disabilities will be selected to participate in the program. The training curriculum must include the following components:
- History and current I/DD service delivery system in Texas
- Principles of self-determination and person-directed practices
- Public policy issues that impact the delivery of services and supports for individuals with I/DD
- Promoting positive values and a culture of acceptance for individuals with I/DD
- Individual leadership principles
- Creating networks within and across agencies and organizations to support individuals with I/DD
Training may be delivered using existing programs or by developing new curriculum. The program must include leadership development, mentorship, peer support, individual education, and projects that promote systems change. Participants who complete the program will commit to increasing and improving training for others in their own organization.
TCDD expects your project to support emerging and existing professionals who work in the field of intellectual and developmental disabilities so they develop advanced knowledge and skills needed to have significant impact on the way Texas supports individuals with I/DD. You will conduct follow-up to show that the professionals trained through this project became part of a pool of knowledgeable leaders who:
- Improved their skills, knowledge, and leadership abilities to impact meaningful changes in their organization and/or across the state;
- Increased their commitment to self-direction and full participation of individuals with I/DD;
- Improved the effectiveness and integration in the delivery of services and supports;
- Better communicated with other key decision-makers at the state and local levels;
- Developed their understanding and support of policy that will promote quality of life for Texans with developmental disabilities; and
- Shared knowledge of I/DD services and supports with other staff and future leaders;
- Improved their ability to support individuals with developmental disabilities and family members to serve on inter-organizational councils and task-forces.
GrantWatch ID#: 184442
TCDD may award a maximum of $150,000 per year, for up to five years.
Project Period: April 1, 2019 - March 31, 2024
TCDD does not plan to provide funding for these projects beyond five years. TCDD does not automatically continue funding each year. Organizations that are awarded funding must apply for continuation funding each year.
Any organization that meets the requirements set forth in this RFP can apply. Types of organizations could include:
- Government agencies,
- Colleges and universities,
- Faith-based institutions,
- Technical and/or professional schools, and
- For-profit businesses.
The organization that applies for this grant must administer the grant and receive, disburse and account for grant funds.
Individuals may not apply for this grant.
TCDD will hold an informational conference call to provide more information about TCDD's processes for proposal review and grant award. You are not required to attend in order to apply.
The informational conference call will be held: October 15, 2018 at 10:00 AM CST.
Phone number: 1-877-820-7831
Participant passcode: 649944#
Submit all questions about the RFP or application to Danny Fikac by 5:00 PM Central Time on October 18, 2018. TCDD will not answer questions about the RFP or application after that date and time. TCDD will post questions and answers on DD Suite as an attachment to this RFP by 5:00 PM Central Time October 22, 2018.
Proposals must be received by 5:00 PM Central Time on November 2, 2018. TCDD does not consider late applications under any circumstances, including user error. If you have questions about DD Suite and cannot find answers in the DD Suite Guide attached to the RFP, email or call Danny Fikac. This should be done as early in the process as possible.
TCDD will notify proposers about funding decisions by February 28, 2019.
Grantees must provide a matching contribution each year. This may include:
- Ffunding from non-federal sources,
- Volunteer hours, or
- Other "in- kind" donations, such as office space and utilities.
Other federal funds may not be used as match. Items or funds that are used for match for another federally-funded project may not be used as match. TCDD prefers that the amount of match increase each year of the project.
Poverty counties are counties in which at least 20 percent of the people in the county live in poverty. The attachments to the RFP includes a list of counties that has poverty counties highlighted.
Non-poverty counties: Project activities located in counties not designated as federal poverty areas require matching resources equal to at least 25 percent of total project costs (up to $50,000).
Poverty counties: Project activities located in counties designated as federal poverty counties require matching resources equal to at least 10 percent of the total project costs (up to $16,666).
Information regarding TCDD Mission and Guiding Principles:
USA: Alabama; Alaska; Arizona; Arkansas; California; Colorado; Connecticut; Delaware; Florida; Georgia; Hawaii; Idaho; Illinois; Indiana; Iowa; Kansas; Kentucky; Louisiana; Maine; Maryland; Massachusetts; Michigan; Minnesota; Mississippi; Missouri; Montana; Nebraska; Nevada; New Hampshire; New Jersey; New Mexico; New York City; New York; North Carolina; North Dakota; Ohio; Oklahoma; Oregon; Pennsylvania; Rhode Island; South Carolina; South Dakota; Tennessee; Texas; Utah; Vermont; Virginia; Washington, DC; Washington; West Virginia; Wisconsin; Wyoming
USA Territories: American Samoa (USA) Guam (USA) Puerto Rico (USA) Virgin Islands (USA) Northern Mariana Islands (USA)