Foundation / Corporation
Opportunity for USA, Canada, Mexico, and Israel Jewish students to participate in a summer business leadership program in Tel Aviv, Israel. North American fellows participate in an internship program at leading Israeli companies. Israeli fellows participate in the program's lectures and workshops, and also serve as partners to North American participants.
A 10-week summer internship in Israel that is open to Jewish North American university sophomores, juniors, and select seniors. Fellows are placed in leading global biotech, consulting, cyber/tech, finance, marketing, and venture capital firms, that commit to providing substantive and educational work experience and mentorship from at least one senior manager.
Fellows also participate in lectures by professionals from all sectors of Israeli society, workshops and leadership training, and weekend excursions beyond the boardroom. Excel pairs each North American participant with an Israeli participant, who provides a personal bridge to Israeli society, potential partnerships and lifelong friendship.
Birthright Israel Excel offers a fast-paced, demanding and intellectually stimulating summer experience. Taglit looks for candidates with excellent quantitative, analytical and communication skills. Candidates should be hard working, adaptable, and able to manage projects independently and ready to assume a high level of responsibility as a member of a team.
GrantWatch ID#: 178471
44 students will be selected to participate in the Business track.
The following expenses will be paid by Birthright Israel Excel:
-Round trip airfare between NY and Israel
-Housing in Tel Aviv (dormitories with double occupancy room)
For Israeli fellows, Birthright Israel Excel provides you with a Ravkav to cover your commuting expenses. Housing is not provided for the Israeli Ventures participants.
Program dates are June 2 – August 9, 2019 (10 weeks). Israeli participants have a program start date of June 4.
North American applicant eligibility:
- The Birthright Israel Excel Business track is open to all Jewish young adults from the United States, Canada and Mexico who are currently college sophomores (2nd year), juniors (3rd year) or seniors (4th year). Seniors must be committed to graduate programs or full-time employment in the fall of 2019. A well-rounded academic background with coursework in finance, economics or engineering is recommended. The program is designed for talented Jewish individuals who are pursuing careers in business and/or technology. Candidates must demonstrate academic strength – a minimum 3.2 GPA, strong SAT/ACT scores, demonstrated leadership skills and a high energy level.
- Eligible individuals are those who identify as Jewish and are recognized as Jewish by their local Jewish community or by one of the recognized denominations of Judaism. Applicants must also have at least one Jewish birth parent, or have completed Jewish conversion through a recognized Jewish denomination.
- Prior Israel experience does not affect eligibility for Birthright Israel Excel.
For Israeli applicants, the Birthright Israel Excel business track is open to:
- Israeli students from IDC Hertzelia, Tel Aviv University’s Business Management School and Hebrew University of Jerusalem
- Officers/NCD of special intelligence units of the IDF
- Between the ages of 21-25
- Past or present service in the IDF or national service
Early Decision Deadline (for North American applicants only): October 21, 2018
Application Deadline: January 20, 2019
Applications will be reviewed and offers will be made on a rolling basis and thus it is very beneficial to submit your application as early as possible.
Offers will be made on a rolling basis but no later than the end of February 2019. Applicants with competing offers needing an earlier decision should notify the recruitment professional at Birthright Israel Excel and their candidacy will be considered accordingly.
Select candidates will be offered a combination of first round and second round interviews as well a group dynamics session. Those candidates selected for an interview will be notified via email.
Candidates who are chosen to participate in the Birthright Israel Excel program will be notified by email and will be asked to sign a letter of commitment one week following the offer date.
All North American Fellows will be required to provide a $500 deposit, of which $300 will be refunded upon completion of the program and other post-program obligations.
All Israeli Fellows will be required to provide a $250 deposit which will be refunded upon completion of the program and other post-program obligations.
Birthright Israel Excel may offer you the opportunity to voluntarily donate all or part of your deposit to support future programming, however, this decision is made solely at your discretion.
About the Fellowship:
Internship opportunities: https://www.birthrightisraelexcel.com/#/positions
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
To apply, see the Apply button on the URL for Full Text Link below.
Please direct your questions via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
USA: Alabama; Alaska; Arizona; Arkansas; California; Colorado; Connecticut; Delaware; Florida; Georgia; Hawaii; Idaho; Illinois; Indiana; Iowa; Kansas; Kentucky; Louisiana; Maine; Maryland; Massachusetts; Michigan; Minnesota; Mississippi; Missouri; Montana; Nebraska; Nevada; New Hampshire; New Jersey; New Mexico; New York City; New York; North Carolina; North Dakota; Ohio; Oklahoma; Oregon; Pennsylvania; Rhode Island; South Carolina; South Dakota; Tennessee; Texas; Utah; Vermont; Virginia; Washington, DC; Washington; West Virginia; Wisconsin; Wyoming
Canada: Alberta British Columbia Manitoba New Brunswick Newfoundland and Labrador Northwest Territories Nova Scotia Nunavut Ontario Prince Edward Island Quebec Saskatchewan Yukon
International country outside of the USA, Israel and Canada.